When the sandstone rocks of the US are in decline, the next generation is on the way
Michael Slager was convicted of murder in the 2014 killing of Walter Scott in South Carolina, but his lawyers have said they plan to retry him for a third time.
They argue he is a danger to the community and a dangerous person, and that the US justice system unfairly punished him for the killing.
It comes as the Supreme Court considers whether to hear an appeal of a federal judge’s decision in April to overturn a verdict that sentenced Slager to life in prison for murder in 2014 in South Carolinas.
The US Justice Department has argued that a second trial would be unnecessary given the death penalty has been in place for more than half a century.
Slamming into the US Supreme Court is a fight that many experts say will go down in history as one of the most important in the country.
Read more from The Wall Street Journal.
SOURCE The Wall St Journal
- When soldiers go back to work, they get new faces
- How to Make Dinobot Slag G1: A Complete Guide to Making a Real Slag
- How to Get Away With Murder’s Michael Slager to Stop Talking About His Sexual Assault Case
- What’s on the list of the best online slag sites?
- Which Borderlands 2 map is best for Borderlands 2?